Tuesday, August 9, 2011

it's never too late to wake up

I got home from a (surprise) anniversary trip to Lancaster county and this was waiting in the mail box ☺.  It is a "time" for me...in this moment of life.  What I mean is that doing book reviews "fits" the age that my children are at...and even that it was possible to go away to celebrate an annivesary.  Life is constantly changing I've been told...and it appears to be true.  I've been thinking a lot about this and how much I truly needed something/anything like this when I was at home with a newborn and toddler.  I loved that time of life...the truth is, I was so exhausted I can't remember much of it...I write this because I know that there are new mommies that read and I want to pass on hope.  You will sleep again.  Your babies will one day go to the potty by themselves...and one day when you are in a public restroom, the child who peeks under your stall will be someone else's and you'll laugh and remember when it was yours.  It is so hard to know if "words" will come across as they are meant...may the Lord help you and encourage you right where you are.  Now, for the book :).

Fresh-Brewed Life: A Stirring Invitation to Wake Up Your Soul

"We live in a world of great beauty and enormous pain.
    I like to write about the strange way they come together
 on the shores of hope."  Nicole Johnson



This book is a 10 cup "fresh brewed"  invitation to "wake up to a richer, fuller, more flavorful life."  Nicole shares from her personal testimony and challenges the reader to surrender to God.  To bring your heart to God through writing in a journal. (there are no mistakes when you bring your heart to the Lord in your journal ☺). To listen to longings. Embrace beauty. Interview Anger. Celebrate Friendship.  Fresh-brewed Adventures offer practical suggestions such as to spend time in Psalms and be reminded that you are not alone in suffering...the next time you get angry try exercising......schedule time for "stillness". 


I received a copy of this book for the purpose of review

No comments:

Post a Comment