Friday, September 30, 2011

As Silver Refined


What can you do when life doesn't turn out like you planned?
What if the things you call disappointments are really His appointments?

What I have learned to appreciate about Kay Arthur's writing is that she does not "waste" words and is always, always directing us back to The Word of God.  Too much listening to (man) can lead us to despair...Is it possible that God is using the disappointments of life as "cleansing fire" to refine us as silver to be a reflection of His goodness?!  The last fourth of the book is a study that could be used for group discussion.  I am planning to dig a little deeper and go through it in personal study.  I will admit that at several points I was frustrated in this read.  The whole "as silver refined" thing is not something I can necessarily say that I'm happy about.  Unlike Paul, who seemed to always "get" the whole sing through trouble thing, I wrestle.  I forget that if God didn't see "value" He wouldn't bother with the "fire" part.  When the heat is turned up, like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, there is a fourth person in the fire.  Even when I do not "see".  Jesus is the Refiner and His goal is 100% purity.  Reading As Silver Refined will not make your life easier ☺, but perhaps you will be reminded and encouraged of  Hope in the midst of the Heat.

 
As Silver Refined by Kay Arthur (Chapter 1 Excerpt)


About Kay Arthur








I received a copy of this book for the purpose of review.

No comments:

Post a Comment