Tuesday, May 13, 2008

many words... "sun" thinking... and "sticking out all over"

"When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise." Proverbs 10:19
very true. Words seem to come from the overflow of the heart. The "written" kind can be dangerous too, for they can be misconstrued. Words can be healing and "courage" giving as well. I pray forgiveness for the careless, just "on and on" too much, of no value, hurtful, prideful, not wise or helpful, hateful, mean, wicked, sinful bad kind...and that Jesus will continue exchanging (ALL) of those for more of His.

H and I were trying to look straight at the sun. Well, not really...but discussing the strength of the power of the light that our eyes can not EVEN handle it. I told her that the light of God is even bigger and stronger. How do I know? because you can not look at the face of God and live. Or, because any "created" thing is always just a small reflection of the "creatOR". That is SOME "big" LIGHT :). (we tried to take a pic. but the sun is too "shiny" for our little camera).

This "little" story was in a (J.Weaver) chapter I read last week. I thought...worth passing on.

"Sticking Out All Over"
the story is told of a young boy who approached an evangelist after a revival tent meeting. "Excuse me, sir?" the little boy said politely. "you said everyone should ask Jesus into their hearts, right?"
"That's right." The evangelist squatted down so he could look the boy in the eye. "Did you ask him in?"
"Well, I'd like to," the boy said, shuffling dirt with the toe of his shoe before returning his gaze to the evangelist. "But I got to figurin'...I'm so little and Jesus is so big --he's going to stick out all over!"
"That's the point, son," the evangelist said with a smile. "That's the point."

No comments:

Post a Comment