Tuesday, May 20, 2008

You Never Let Go - song by Matt Redman

was thinking of some of the "challenges" that come when we choose to follow the Lord. This song came to mind when I was praying for Tim and Michelle as they walk throught the coming changes in ministry. I KNOW it is not easy. I hate change too. I hate how it affects the kids...how it seems to take forever to get them back into routine, sleeping through the night, etc, etc. I don't consider it an adventure to have to relearn all the basics of life down to the location of the post office and local grocery. It is not fun to have favorite pieces of furniture break in the moving process. It's just "stuff" and we recognize that, but there is a place in our heart that just wants to be "settled". I know that it will take a while to build new friendships and to gain the trust of the people. Ministry can be a lonely place. Specially when your husband is a pastor and so many people have "expectations" for him. I pray that our natural tendency to "resent" husband in these "times" will be replaced with support and patient love. It will not be all easy, but I KNOW that the Lord will go before you and give you strength along the way. He will NOT let go...and in that there is peace.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet encouragement to "press on" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd not heard that song...I really like it- do you like his music? We are in the "dark ages" as far as music :)...thanks for sharing songs that you enjoy :).

    ReplyDelete