Saturday, May 28, 2011

This Little Prayer of Mine

This Little Prayer of Mine

by Anthony De Stefano
illustrated by Mark Elliot

There is nothing more precious
than hearing a small child "talk" to God.
 What I appreciate about This Little Prayer of Mine is that it is "real" conversation.  Because, to be quite honest, the whole "God is great...good...thank Him for our food" is good, but can become quite a "canned" rattle.
I found myself reading this child's prayer quite "critically".  Answering
 I know you're up in heaven, God,
and can hear my voice from there.
with, "He is WITH you! not far away"...and then...I realized...yes, God IS with us.  WITH me...and quietly speaks to my heart that He HEARS and does not criticize the theology of a child's faith in prayer...but lovingly receives each tender offering of relationship.
Whenever I feel really scared
and want to hide my head,
please help me to be brave and strong
and face my fears instead.
Whatever "age"  you are ☺, be reminded through this little book, that God hears and tenderly cares for your present and future.

I received a copy of this book from Waterbrook for the purpose of review.

1 comment:

  1. You would have enjoyed listening to my first graders pray this week! They are so sincere and just chat with God about whatever is on their mind! this sounds like a great book!

    ReplyDelete