Tuesday, July 19, 2011

a "warm-up"

Right from the Heart
turning your day toward God

Right From the Heart: Turning Your Day Toward God

I was not familiar with author Bryant Wright, so I checked out

 Wright introduces this 365 day devotional by comparing the discipline of physical exercise to the need for spiritual fitness.  Practical. I like it.  I recently bought a little "box" of bread because it reminds me of the one my Grandma always had sitting on her table (the little loaf with verse "slices" sticking out!).  Anyway, this is a similar idea in book form :).

"One of the key aspects of spiritual fitness is regular time alone with God.  Like physical fitness, it's something we never have time for, can always put off, and seem to find most difficult when we are not in the mood.  But regular time with God is essential in  getting to know Him. And like a fitness workout, I need a spiritual warm-up...I hope these daily devotionals will be your spiritual warm-ups over the next year...Read just one a day.  They are short and easy to understand.  You may be tempted to read ahead.  Don't do it.  Just one a day so you'll have some fresh food for thought to get your spiritual  juices flowing each day...(oh, and remember ☺) Nothing in this book is a substitute for talking with God and listening to Him through His Word."
 

I received a copy of this book for the purpose of review.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a very good book kind of like Daily Bread? (Grandma always uses that and I have the one Great Grandma gave Daddy and me on our first anniversary!

    How did you make your banner of the girls across the top. I put a banner on mine but the picture is too big and if I put a smaller picture, it doesn't reach across. My word.press blog works fine but thought I would also update the blogspot blog. did you happen to look at either of my blogs recently?
    Maybe we can skype sometime this week.

    ReplyDelete