Friday, August 26, 2011

a beautiful ♥


I have been reading this book for quite a while. There should be warnings that come with a book like this such as...open with "caution", "bumpy road ahead", "you will now be entering surgery"...something like that.  Even so, with all the convicting, painful truth, Andy Stanley writes in such a way that is hope giving.  Not once did I feel as though I was being "judged in this read, rather given the "relief" of a diagnosis and patient steps toward healing.
 Enemies of the Heart: Breaking Free From the Four Emotions That Control You [Paperback] Andy Stanley (Author

"if you don't like the fruit that keeps cluttering up your backyard, the only real solution is to dig up the tree by the roots and eliminate the issue once and for all.  If you deal with the source, you've dealt with the problem."
Will you all still read the book if I tell you what the 4 heart enemies are? ☺
Guilt: I owe you
Anger: You owe me
Greed: I owe me
Jealousy: God owes me
Practical, practical, practical.


"Perhaps it's good
to have a beautiful mind,
but an even greater gift
 is to have
a beautiful heart"
John Nash

I received a copy of this book for the purpose of review

No comments:

Post a Comment