Thursday, November 3, 2011

STUCK???


I had not (heard) of Jennie Allen until receiving this *cutely packaged DVD series in the mail ☺.  Here is what I was able to learn...
 
My passion is to inspire a new generation of women to encounter the invisible God. I love words and I believe God uses them to heal souls and to reveal Himself to people. I am blessed to be working with Thomas Nelson to publish several studies and trade books, engaging women’s minds and hearts toward Christ. The first study, Stuck releases this fall, and the book, Anything releases Spring 2012.
I graduated from Dallas Theological Seminary with a Masters in Biblical Studies.
And while all that sounds pretty fancy… I am really just a mess of a girl, trying to figure out God, and why I seem to keep struggling with the same invisible issues I had in kindergarten.
Welcome to the spot I wrestle and the place I dream.
I hope you feel at home.
I am so blessed to serve alongside my husband Zac, in ministry in Austin, Texas. We have 4 children: Conner 11, Kate 9, and Caroline 6 and our youngest son, Cooper 4, recently adopted from Rwanda.

Confession...I listened to the entire dvd of sessions in one sitting.  So, in a world of "busy" that means 10-15 minute sessions are manageable, right? ☺  Jennie shares what is her personal testimony of God working in her personal broken, mad, discontent, scared, overwhelmed, and sad in order to bring her heart to an unstuck place of worship of Him alone.  This is not just a *cute woman's study.  I can hear the author's passion to reach those who are hungry and thirsty for the gospel.  What sets this study apart is that it is meant to be studied and applied in community.  Conversation/verse cards are included to provide a safe and in depth discussion of "real" life. (note: in process of doing this as a (small) group and the cards are effective!)  We are the body of Christ and sincere hospitality still seems to work today (smile).   *Speak the power of the gospel. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.  This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.  Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.   I John 4:9-11  This study is a good introductory tool to share the love of Jesus and the powerful, healing Word of God in a non threatening environment.  Of course, the "safe" part will be up to you!
We are often so stuck in invisible struggles in our hearts and minds, we barely have space for God. These deep struggles, these stuck places, are familiar to every one of us: brokenness, anger, discontentment, fear, and sadness. Stuck takes on these struggles within us so that we can encounter God. Because until we recognize that we are stuck and in need of God, we will miss what He has for us.
Jennie Allen's Bible studies are designed to draw women close to God and to each other. These shorter studies dig deep quickly, creating experiential conversations and allowing women to wrestle with Scripture in a deep and authentic way throughout the week.
Features include:
--8 sessions on DVD
--Study Guide with story-driven teaching, Scripture study, and short five-day-per-week lessons
--Leader’s Guide for facilitating group study
--Conversation cards help to facilitate more spontaneous and authentic conversation
--Promotional resources for churchwide campaign
Additional Stuck study guides can be purchased separately (ISBN 9781418548742).
One kit is recommended for each group of 8-12 women.

I received this dvd study for the purpose of review

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. Yours is so nice and I will return. I am a Bible study leader and always looking for new studies. I have never heard of this one but it really looks good.

    Elaine
    http://elainepack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete